Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Day in My World

Okay, except for the fact that Youngest might now be sick with THE bug....

As I write (and wait for Oldest to help him with his homework), my Middle son is quietly reading his book (yes, I make my son read 20 minutes every day, not just 4 to 5 times a week because I am the Mean Mom) on the sofa. I just found out today that he is in the 'highest' reading group (last year, he missed out on it by a hair, it was too full). He needs a little 'nudge' and will be working on some great new skills. We've already talked about it might be challenging, but we'll work through it together.

Oldest didn't do his work at school before he got to go out to lunch recess. His special ed teacher told him, he could take it home for homework and do it with Mom (he knew he'd get THE lecture, if he did that, so he stayed in at recess and finished his work). Reaffirming that I am the Mean Mom (I am not really, but they have the fear of God, which works). He also gets to try on his Pixar alien costume when he finishes. He also ran into Middle boy at recess and showed him his "Star Wars" library book.

Youngest, well, he's just cute and keeps calling me "Katie". Yes, he calls me now by my first name (which annoys me) because they are learning parents' first names. But, he's adorable and gives the best kisses (nice and wet) and hugs, so he's forgiven.

No comments: