Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Little Post-Thanksgiving Cheer

Due to last week's snow when the district delayed school on Monday and cancelled Tuesday, Thanksgiving celebrations were postponed.

On a different note, as I was entering the school, I saw Oldest as he was getting off of the bus and he walked me in a talked to me (as in not grunting, talking to me!). Very cute.

Yesterday, Monday, I went in and helped for Squanto's celebration. Youngest had several stations....with me, he and his friends had to decorate their Thanksgiving Day card and do a 'caveman' writing (Man Go Mountain Tree Deer, all in symbols). Then, another mom helped by having the kids 'hunt' for dinner (ie. throw a spear at a 'turkey', "raccoon", 'beaver" and so on). With his teacher, the kids decorated a 'prayer stick' which they prayed for good crops and planted corn. In the other room, they 'traded' toys/goodies like Squanto and decorated a totem pole (of course, Youngest's told jokes instead of telling story, because that is who he is).

Today, the kids did a Thanksgiving play, complete with three songs and the story of Thanksgiving. They each had to memorize a line. Youngest's was "they did not have enough food in the forest". He did a great job. Then, each child had to stand on a box and read their three things that they are thankful for. Youngest said he was thankful for 'my mom, my house, and my movies'. Yep.

It was so much fun...I got to see Middle Dude and Oldest at school, too today. Usually, I see one or two of them. It was so fun to see all three of them.

No comments: