Friday, September 19, 2008

Picture Day Coming!

It's that time of year when I gussy up the boys (all that means is I wash their hair the night before and make sure they have a haircut beforehand---no fancy clothes from these boys) and it is picture day at school. This is youngest's first 'official' school picture day.

Today in youngest's cubby, his teacher put the order form. As they were packing up, his teacher put the paper in his backpack. Youngest looked in his backpack and took it out and said, "This is not mine!" Teacher assured him that 'yes, it is for your mom". That seemed to placate youngest. He then walked out to the pick up area and told me, "Mom, I have something for you"' and would not move unless we sorted through his backpack (bear in mind that is backpack is full of books and toys and movies) and found the pieces of paper that were mine.

Speaking of junk in his backpack, one of the teachers said to him this morning, "Why don't you go through your backpack and take out toys you don't need?" (I am SURE this was directed at me, LOL). I assured her that we had already and he promptly put the stuff back. Unfortunately, his backpack no longer fits in the cubby area where they are for the first part of the day. His backpack is heavier than him and much bigger than him.

No comments: