Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Addendum and the Other boys

Okay, I have to correct something to my previous post....my Youngest son did not put an m and m on his gingerbread man for an eye. He put an m and m for a nose and raisins for eyes. Sorry for that :) And, I solved the mystery of why my Youngest son went to the office. It was to take the attendance book. Fortunately, his teacher thought the story was funny and my question "why did he go to the office, because he couldn't remember"....yes, she knows me really well, so I am sure she's chuckling right now at home.

My Oldest son got off the bus today and declared, "Mom, I had a GREAT day!". I am sure he did (or I'd probably get an email or phone call). I am sure he loved hanging out with Miss Karen. And, he got to share his goggles (he had to bring in something that represented something that he loves to do)....he loves to swim and I am sure he showed them "big arms".

My Middle son also had a good day. He said he took a five minute math test...one side was addition, which he said he finished a hundred problems in five minutes and finished all but three on the subtraction side (I am thinking that is 97). He came home with homework and had to ask me how we derived his name. I sounded like the lamest Mom ever. "Your name came from my Ob's office...I saw another baby with your name and I loved your first name and your middle name is the male form of your Nana's name" (we named our two oldest sons' middle names after a family member, this theory got lost on our Youngest son, who got two new names as my husband was convinced we were having a girl, even though, we didn't find out, the technician was teasing him that it was a girl....so, we never talked about boy names). Personally, I love all of my boys' names, so it doesn't really matter.....and my middle son's first name means 'strong' (plus, it is Biblical and a traditional name). It was very apropos that he was 'named after my mom' because he is a lot like her in personality, looks and interests.

No comments: