Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bus Day!



Today was Youngest's first day riding the bus. He qualifies for special education because he is a year behind in fine motor skills, so he qualifies for OT, which qualifies him for the bus. I was reluctant to have him ride the bus, but he really wanted to because his best friend, James, a neighbor boy, rides the bus already. So, I worked it out and he'll ride the bus four days a week (the days that special education is offered), but the fifth day, we'll pay (for preschool) and I'll take him in. This will be a nice transition for him for next year, when he'll ride the 'big bus' with Middle boy to school.

For me, I have three different bus times, and two different bus stops. Every morning (that Youngest has a bus), I will put Oldest on the bus first outside my house. Then, ten minutes later, walk Middle boy down the street and come back and put Youngest on the bus at our house. So, I have a busy forty minutes, but then it calms down and I get an extra ten to fifteen minutes on either end (of school) to myself. The problem is that I am so used to taking Youngest with me on errands on the way home, now I have to adjust for that!












No comments: