Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Program

Last Friday, Oldest and Middle boy had a Spring Program for their school. What their school does is instead of singing, they do a 'routine' (a P.E. routine). For example, Middle boy's class (along with a paired class) did a P.E. routine with scarves. This year's theme was "DISCO NIGHT". This year, Middle boy didn't lose his shoe (this happened last year, but he quickly recovered without missing a beat).

However, Oldest has trouble with this performance. During the dress rehearsal during the day, he ran out of the gym. He got in trouble with me and his special education teacher. He got in trouble for not being safe, not for not being able to perform. He has trouble because A)it's noisy in the gym, B)it's not in the gym he is used to, C)there's just too many people in there and D)he just can't focus. When he got home, he did tell me, "I wear my red shirt (his outfit for the program) and I dance with Mom". Primarily, I focused on the safety issue (the running out of the gym).

All in all, it was a good time, even with the minor 'speed bumps'. Those are just par for the course.

No comments: