Sunday, March 1, 2009

"The Lion King"

Last weekend, middle boy and I had a Mommy/middle boy overnight. We went to out to Applebee's (which is highly unusual in this house), instead of our usual Saturday night trip to Red Robin. He had cheeseburger sliders (hey, it was half price because it was happy hour) and a side order of fried shrimp. Where middle boy puts it is another question.

Then, on Sunday, I took him to see "The Lion King". He was at the perfect age. He watched in amazement as the animals came down during the opening "The Circle of Life" (of course, I started bawling because that song gets me every time...it reminds me so much of when my Grandma died....it's one of those weird associations). Throughout the whole musical, he was engrossed in the story lines (lots of 'bad guys' to keep him occupied). He loved the stage production and the music.

When we left, he said that maybe he could join us for our season ticket of musicals. Only middle boy would ask. He said he loved going to musicals. Maybe he's going to be my boy who joins me for musicals when he is older :)

No comments: