Monday, October 13, 2008

Catch up!

Yes, I have been remiss on keeping up on my blogging...things get busy, as I am sure you are aware....

Last Thursday was picture day for my older boys. They got to wear their favorite shirts. Yes, before I had children, I vowed that my children would never wear a screen print top for school pictures. What did they wear? Middle boy wore his green "Yoda" shirt and Oldest his blue Ratatouille shirt. Obviously, rules are meant to be broken...

Last Friday was a state-wide inservice day. Typically, those days I have an autism conference that I go to. However, this year, I did not have a conference. I planned on taking the boys to the library (which sounds boring, but the boys LOVE going to the library. They all got dressed and we went and they got a new book and a new movie (I have a rule that they can get a movie, as long as they get a book). As always, it was popular and then we had drive thru McDonald's (which was a new toy....always a thrill...)

Saturday, we all went to the pumpkin patch. We had a lot of fun at Palmeroy Farms in Yacolt, which is about a good half hour away. It is a 'working farm', run by volunteers. They saw farm animals (which they loved). They got to pick out a pumpkin and then take the hay ride through Pumpkin Lane, which is comprised of 'pumpkin people' with different themes. Middle boy loved the superheroes. Oldest loved it all. Youngest boy loved the whole thing, also.

I also wanted to tell you that I am "the best Mom ever'. Youngest son has told me twice (unprompted) that "You are the best Mom ever'. I guess it must be true.

No comments: