Sunday, January 17, 2010

Youngest's Fifth Birthday


It's so hard to imagine that my little guy is already five. I have been having trouble with my Oldest being in the Fourth Grade (it is after all, UPPER elementary). But, now, it has sunk in that my Littlest Guy is five. Next year, it will be kindergarten and then in one more year, my Oldest will be in Junior High. It's one of those things that you want them to get bigger, but, yet you don't. I still remember Youngest's birthday....Hub had decided he was a girl (we didn't find out). I had no idea.
We had a 'rolling' birthday all weekend long. We took four of his friends to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch. He had a great time showing his friends around who hadn't been there before. The next day was the 'family party' with Nana, Papa and cousins. Sunday was his actual day and we had our traditional "cupcake' birthday as my other boys like to call it. Finally, the next day, I took in cupcakes for his preschool friends. The theme of this year's festivities was "Spongebob Squarepants". All of the cakes had some form of Spongebob Squarepants.

The theme is intriguing because Youngest doesn't really watch Spongebob (he is afraid of the pirate). So, why he chose Spongebob, I don't know. As you can tell, it went along with his Leapster.
Happy Birthday, Spongebob Stinky Pants and I look forward to many more...

No comments: